Journalism & Media Communications
Journalism, Media & Communications Courses at Griffith College
Planning a future in an exciting, fast paced industry? Kick start your career with a course from our Journalism, Media and Communications faculty.
Whether you are starting out with an Undergraduate degree, or would like to further your studies with a Postgraduate course, Griffith College gives you the opportunity to learn from fantastic tutors in a technologically advanced setting.
“The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses.”
-Malcom X, Minister and Human Rights Activist
Why is Griffith College the best place to kick start your Media career?
- Phenomenal success from our students in the Smedias every year.
- Industry expert lecturers, who know their students by name.
- Progressive courses, focusing on both traditional and digital media.
- Student Membership to the National Union of Journalists.
- Our students thrive in the industry, with their employable skill sets.
What can I study here?
There are a wide variety of courses within this faculty, if you are interested in the following subjects (and more), then we have something for you!
- Journalism & PR
- Film & TV Production
- Digital Media
- Radio Journalism & Production
Our Award Winning Students;
Griffith College students have seen continued success in the SMedia Awards (the National Student Media Awards) over the years. Most recently, in 2018 our students celebrated a fantastic 15 nominations across 5 categories spanning Journalism, Photography, Video and Film and we were delighted to see the following wins:
- Chris Corner - Photographer of the Year 2018.
- Cian Johnston - Film Script of the Year 2018.
- Dublin 8 Magazine - Small College/Society Publication 2018.
Read more about our students' nominations in the Smedia’s here.