Why Study Communications and Media Production at Griffith College?
Communications is a fast-paced and, in today’s technology-driven environment, growing industry that offers a huge variety of job roles. Griffith’s BA (Hons) in Communications and Media Production is a full-time, three-year programme that aims to give students a foundation in an array of communications platforms including social and digital media, photography, radio, investigative journalism, TV and video. The course is heavily project-based and the introduction of specialised streams in Years 2 and 3 allows learners to influence the path their studies take them down depending on where their interests lie. In this course students will:
- Develop practical skills through work on traditional media (newspaper, TV and radio) and new media (digital, social media and mobile journalism).
- Gain a solid understanding of media theory, media communication and media production.
- Contribute to the college newspaper, radio station and digital portal.
- Build a portfolio of work and gain knowledge of the most up to date technologies.
- Influence your career path with specialisation in four elective choices.
- Have access to state-of-the-art facilities on campus including radio station, photography studio and film and TV studio.
- Be able to access a National Union of Journalists press pass.
Graduates of the programme will also have the option to progress onto any of Griffith's three specialist media master's degree programmes.
We run two intakes for this course commencing in Spring and Autumn.
*subject to sufficient numbers
Are you applying through the CAO?
Read our CAO Guide for everything you need to know about applying through the CAO!
- Dublin: GC450
The whole learning environment was something I’ll never forget. I couldn’t recommend Griffith more highly. It equipped me with the knowledge I needed to pursue my dreams
I chose my BA (Hons) in Journalism & Visual Media in Griffith College Dublin because I felt it had such a great range of modules; at the time I still was not 100% sure what I wanted to do with my career. I felt this course gave me the perfect base to start off with thanks to its diversity. The lecturers and staff at Griffith were always so helpful and it was such a lovely environment to learn in. Throughout my career so far I have worked in many industries and in many different roles from graphic design, web development, photography, events management and marketing. I am now studying the part-time Msc in Digital Marketing at Trinity College, and work for Kingspan in a Marketing Executive role and I feel my qualification from Griffith College played an important part in securing my current career path.