Take on the challenge of entering the growing communication sector in Ireland and internationally.
This master's programme delivers a comprehensive syllabus of media skills designed to equip you with the key practical competencies needed to work in a professional media environment today
Why Study Journalism & Media Communications at Griffith College?
The MA in Journalism & Media Communications is conducted on both a full and part-time basis over a 1-2 year period and allows students to develop their own study path through the selection of elective modules. It is for people who wish to embark on a career in the fast-changing industry of contemporary journalism and media communications. Designed and delivered by journalism and communications professionals and full-time academics, the course immerses learners in a professional media production environment. The programme team cultivates among learners a commitment to the production of high quality and ethical journalism, as well as leadership and innovation skills.
- You will acquire the practical skills to conceive, produce, edit and publish their own media content.
- You will gain familiarity with multiple platforms: web, mobile, video, radio, print and photography.
- For the programme duration, participants are entitled to apply for a NUJ Press Card.
- You will gain a solid understanding of media theory, research methods and media law and ethics.
- You will significantly develop your writing, production and communication skills, exploring areas like reporting, feature writing and investigative journalism.
- You will be challenged in real journalistic situations in print, broadcast and online media in a media working environment through work with the college magazine, online publications and radio station.
- You will have the opportunity to create a professional portfolio of your writing, radio output as well as video and photography work to show future employers.
- NUJ Press Pass for the duration of your study
- State of the art studios and facilities
- Build your own professional portfolio
- Study full-time, part-time or through blended learning
- Work on real-life journalistic situations
- Connect with industry leaders
We run two intakes for this course commencing in Autumn and Spring.
*subject to sufficient numbers