Innovative new Postgraduate Diploma designed to address the demand for specialisms in TV and Radio Journalism.
This programme is for learners who wish to graduate as industry-ready, journalism and communications professionals with advanced TV and radio production skills. With six dedicated TV and radio production modules delivered in our industry-standard radio and TV studios, learners get hands-on content production and editing experience.
Why Study TV and Radio Journalism at Griffith College?
The Postgraduate Diploma in TV and Radio Journalism is recognised by the NUJ and conducted on both a full and part-time basis over a 1-2 year period. Learners will acquire both a theory-based understanding of the media industries as well as journalism-specific production skills. The programme team, made up of industry professionals and full-time academics, aims to instil in learners the skills required to apply critical reflection and intellectual depth to their production of media content.
- You will display reflective critical learning and develop strong practical skills in media production with the use of TV studio, film and television production equipment.
- Avail of our state of the art facilities including an on-campus radio station, 2 broadcasting studios, 4 photographic studios, 3 darkrooms, a TV and Video Studio and a Sound Engineering Studio.
- National Union of Journalists recognition of this programme entitles students to apply for an NUJ Press Card for the duration of their course.
- You are assured of excellent teaching practices, with many of our graduates currently working in a range of leading media outlets including the Irish and Sunday Independent, RTE Radio and Television, Newstalk, TV3 and Google.
- You have an opportunity to join the ranks of multiple award-winners with Griffith College students consistently excelling at the Smedia Awards.
- State-of-the-art studios and facilities
- NUJ Press Pass for the duration of your study
- Build your own professional portfolio
- Study full-time, part-time or through blended learning
- Conceive, produce, edit and publish your own content
- Connect with industry leaders
We run two intakes for this course commencing in Autumn and Spring.
*subject to sufficient numbers
What our students say
Griffith College was a great experience, with lecturers assisting students on both a one-to-one basis and in small peer groups. I found Griffith helped with my level of professionalism, drive and general awareness of current affairs, photography, videography and reporting skills. The lecturers were very experienced in their relevant fields and very resourceful and approachable if students were stuck or had a problem. It was also a great degree if you are interested in working in the Communications sector as it's a very hands-on course.