Internationally recognised drama course geared towards unearthing the next batch of world-class drama teachers
The QQI accredited Certificate in Drama Performance from The Leinster School of Music & Drama is an international qualification offering a progression route for those who have achieved a high level of drama performance and theory to advance their studies to third level. This programme enables learners to concentrate on developing their performance skills at a high level with a view to progressing to a drama teaching qualification.
Why Study Drama at Griffith College?
The QQI Level 8 Certificate in Drama Performance is available on a part-time basis by the LSMD and comprises of two modules from the Higher Diploma in Arts in Drama Education, Ireland’s only specialised certification in music and drama education qualifications. Students of the course will benefit greatly from a faculty with over a century of experience in Music and Drama Teacher training as well as a unique learning experience.Below are some of the benefits of enrolling
- Modules certified under QQI's Accumulation of Credits & Certification of Subjects Scheme (ACCS).
- A range of methods and techniques are explored over the course of the programme.
- Access to performance oriented facilities, including a 600 seater concert hall and an impressively stocked drama library.
- Access to fully equipped studios with the latest industry-standard music software for writing, recording, performing, editing, mixing and composing music.
- Highly focused and experienced teachers, many of whom are active in the performance arena.
- Provides a pathway for the progression of drama students to teachers.
- Can be utilised as a professional development programme to revitalise the practice of existing teachers.
- Learners concentrate on developing their performance skills at an advanced level with a view to progressing to a drama teaching qualification.
- Fully accredited by QQI, making them internationally recognised accredited qualifications. The LSMD is the only institution in Ireland offering QQI validated specialised drama education qualifications.
- Flexible schedule with part-time evening study, and day-time sessions (a mixture of Saturdays and Sundays).
- Access to performance oriented facilities, including a 600-seater concert hall and an impressively stocked drama library.
What our students say
I thoroughly enjoyed doing my H.Dip with the LSMD at Griffith College! It exposed me to a broad range of modules and was tailored to our individual strengths and needs. Since completing the course I have gone on to do a Masters and I teach piano & music theory.