This module is an introductory law module for business learners, which provides an overview of the Irish legal system.
The focus is on Irish law but many aspects of European Law is also highlighted and discussed.
This course focuses on the development of professional skills; while it does not sit on the national framework, the module is drawn from Griffith College’s suite of QQI-validated degree programmes.
Why study Legal Aspects of Business at Griffith College?
The primary and central focus of the module is the application of law within business structures after the skills and knowledge have been taught. The focus of this module is to provide learners with a comprehensive overview of the important aspects of law which affect businesses in operation in Ireland and the European Union.
- Discuss the importance of law to the operation of business in Ireland
- Identify, discuss and apply the sources of law, including where relevant EU law
- Explain the nature and structure of the Irish legal system
- Explain the essential aspects of the law of contract and recognise the essential features of the law of negligence
- Explain the basic concepts of insurance and negotiable instruments
The next intake for this course will be:
*subject to sufficient numbers