Master desktop publishing skills and graphics design principles with Adobe CS
This part-time, course combines basic desktop publishing skills and graphic design principles with the specifics of how to use Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Adobe Acrobat to create visual communications.
This course is validated by The Institute of Commercial Management (ICM). This course focuses on the development of professional skills and does not sit on the national framework.
Why Study Desktop Publishing at Griffith College
The Certificate in Desktop Publishing course is conducted on a part-time weekend basis over five consecutive Saturdays. The aim of the course is to teach learners how to harness the power of Adobe CS packages to develop different types of documents from simple flyers to newsletters.
- Course requires no prior knowledge of the software.
- You develop skills in key technologies like Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat
- You learn to produce a broad range of documents including newsletters, product leaflets, adverts, posters and sales material for either internal use or for commercial printing.
- Option to further your studies in this area by progressing to the Diploma in Desktop Publishing course.
- Full access to Student Adobe Creative Cloud - All Apps plan, which gives you 20+ cutting-edge creative tools for desktop, mobile, and web
We run two intakes for this course commencing in Spring and Autumn.
- October *
- February *
*subject to sufficient numbers
Please see the timetable section for course dates.