Diploma in Credit Management & Debt Collection
Gain an in-depth insight into the credit management role within an organisation
The Diploma in Credit Management and Debt Collection is a structured course that has been formulated specifically for those in Credit roles or aspiring Credit Managers in the workplace.
The course is validated by The Institute of Commercial Management (ICM). This course focuses on the development of professional skills and does not sit on the national framework.
Why Study Credit Management and Debt Collection at Griffith College?
The Diploma in Credit Management & Debt Collection course is conducted on a part-time evening basis over a 15-week period. The course highlights the important skills which a credit manager needs in order to successfully juggle the demands of the customers, the finance department, mitigating risk and the need to grow sales.
- You will gain a greater awareness of the distinction between Credit Control and Debt Collection.
- You will gain a full understanding of your own behavioural style and the impact it can have on peers, employees, clients and their own managers.
- You will build on your strengths and put together action plans for addressing areas of development.
- You will learn to network, build your profile and be persuasive in presentations to others.
- You will gain a significant advantage in securing current or future positions within the sector.
We run two intakes for this course commencing in Spring and Autumn.
- October 2023*
- March 2024*
*subject to sufficient numbers
Please see the timetable section for course dates.
- Overview of Credit Management as a vital business function
- Information sources and application
- Understanding Financial Accounts
- Applying Ratio Analysis to develop your own scoring models
- Ongoing Risk assessment and calculating exposure
- Methods of mitigating risk, getting security
- Understanding Insolvency, Liquidations, Receiverships, Examinership
- Credit Policy, Credit Terms
- Administration, develop your own “Right First Time” model in your business
- Effective Communications
- Effective Collection Methods
- Debt Collection
- The Legal process for Debt Collection
- Effective KPI’s and reports
If you have any questions please get in touch with us at [email protected] or 01 415 0429.
This course is scheduled to commence on Monday, 09th October 2023.
This part-time evening course will run one evening per week from 6.30 pm - 9.30 pm over 15 weeks, course dates outlined below.
Classes will be delivered online (live online classes, using zoom).
The exam will take place on the last evening of the course at Griffith College Dublin Main Campus, South Circular Road, Dublin 8.
- Oct: 09, 16, 23
- Nov: 06, 13, 20, 27
- Dec: 04, 11
- Jan: 08, 15, 22, 29
- Feb: 05, 12
Contact [email protected] for further information.
How to Apply
All applicants must be a user of Microsoft Office.
How to Apply
Directly to Griffith College Short Courses Department
Applicants under 23 years of age:
Old Leaving Cert (Pre 2017)
Min. 2 HC3's and 4 OD3's (subjects to include a language, English, Irish or another language) or equivalent exam taken.
New Leaving Cert
2 H5 and 4 O6/H7 grades, to include Maths and a language (English, Irish or another language).
Applicants over 23 years of age (Mature students):
If you are 23 years or over from the 1st January of this year, you can apply for this course directly using the College’s online application form.
Study Mode: Part-Time
Fee: EUR 990.00
Upon completion, this professional Diploma is the perfect foundation for participants who wish to progress in the workplace. Successful applicants may also elect to pursue further studies in this area.