This course will impart knowledge of the general principles of employment law
This course will enable the student to develop an understanding of the employment contract, specifically the rights, duties and obligations that originate from it.
This course focuses on the development of professional skills; while it does not sit on the national framework, the module is drawn from Griffith College’s suite of QQI-validated degree programmes.
Why Study Employment Law at Griffith College?
On successful completion of this module, learners should be able to:
- Differentiate between an employee and an independent contractor.
- Describe the law on the termination of a contract of employment.
- Explain and evaluate the law on health and safety in the workplace.
- Discuss the law on equality in the workplace.
- Identify the law governing trade union activity.
- Apply employment law theory to factual scenarios.
The next intake for this course will be:
- March 2023*
*subject to sufficient numbers
Please see the timetable section.