Develop the skills necessary to become an effective and dynamic human resource practitioner in any sector both in Ireland or internationally.
This three-year honours degree programme gives students the best of both perspectives, combining a well- developed understanding of the world of general business and people management in the first two years of their studies, whilst also providing a strong HRM focus in the final year of the degree.
Why Study Business at Griffith College?
Our BA (Hons) in Business (HRM) is available on a full-time and part-time basis over a three-year period. Students studying for the award of BA (Hons) in Business (HRM) will find opportunities to apply the knowledge and skills that they have gained on the programme within a wide range of business sectors.
- Students will benefit from a broad business introduction in years 1 and 2 while specialising in year 3.
- Students will gain a national and international view of HRM across all fields of business, from developing a performance management system to negotiations within the workplace.
- Students will learn about the ever-changing business environment and how it is influenced by both national and international issues and challenges.
- Students will gain invaluable insights into the influence of cross-cultural issues and talent acquisition of an international workforce.
- Students will explore the evolving industry issues and ethical influences on employee relations.
- Students will be able to identify the role that Trade Unions and government policy play in human relations.
- Students will be taught how to formulate and implement a range of learning and talent development practices and strategies for an organisations workforce.
- Students will establish negotiation techniques, conflict resolution, and mediation in the employment relationship.
- Broad introduction to business disciplines enabling well-rounded HRM professionals.
- Develop an understanding of talent acquisition in an international context.
- Flexibility to switch degree discipline to Business, Accounting or Marketing.
- Taught by vastly experienced professionals from a wide range of industries.
- A perfect foundation for further professional HRM certifications.
We run two intakes for this course commencing in Autumn and Spring.
*subject to sufficient numbers
Interested to know if a career in HR is for you?
Read our blog on the Top 5 Personality Traits of a Good HR Manager!
Are you applying through the CAO?
Read our CAO Guide for everything you need to know about applying through the CAO!
- Dublin: GC402
- Limerick: GC302
"As I worked full-time, choosing to go back to college part-time was a huge decision but Griffith College seemed the perfect fit because of its part-time options. The staff were extremely supportive and helpful. I gained a huge amount during my time at Griffith College and managed to secure a role in Human Resources whilst studying, allowing me to put my knowledge into practice."
"During my time at Griffith College, I learned many key skills like organisation and time management. This programme gave me the opportunity to challenge myself and come out of my comfort zone to prove to myself that I could do it and achieve a degree. I want to thank my tutors who were inspiring and helpful."