Looking for a flexible study mode to achieve your qualification in business? Our award winning blended Business degree is the perfect option to enhance your career opportunities, while balancing other commitments.
The BA (Hons) in Business (Blended) is delivered primarily online, with supporting campus classes one Saturday a month. Upon completion, learners will fully appreciate the vital business roles played by finance, digital technology, sales, consumer behaviour, entrepreneurship, marketing, human resource management, and information technology. This broad introduction to many business functions can lead to a diverse range of career opportunities.
Why Study Business at Griffith College?
This course is validated by QQI at level 8 on the National Framework of Qualifications. The purpose of the course is to give students the business skills that are in demand by companies in a complex and dynamic environment.
- Students will learn about the ever-changing business environment and how it is influenced by political, legal, economic, social and technological factors on both a national and international scale.
- Students will learn to recognise the key characteristics governing a particular company and then identify the factors that are critical to its success in preparation for the business world.
- Students will be encouraged to flex their creativity and entrepreneurial spirit through challenging and dynamic classes.
- Students will fully appreciate the effects of digital technologies in modern business and how best to navigate this environment.
- Students will be invited to work on business problems with real-life clients.
- Students will create a real-life business plan and pitch in a dragons den style environment
- Students will receive lecturing from vastly experienced professionals from a wide range of industries.
- Students will experience group work within a diverse student body, making them ready for the needs of multinational employers
- Students will secure their degree while maintaining their busy or unpredictable schedules or who may have trouble commuting to the campus
- Suit your work/life balance, study in your own time at your own pace.
- Dedicated e-learning tutor support and lecturer contact to ensure all your questions are answered.
- Recognised Level 8 degree programme by the Teaching Council of Ireland.
- Winner for Best Online Learning Experience at the 2019 Education Awards.
- Up to 6 ACCA exemptions and the option to switch to the blended BA (Hons) in Accounting and Finance after Year 1.
What can Blended Learning Students Expect?
Students can now fit their studies around a busy schedule with the blended delivery mode bringing the classroom to them.
- Blended learning consists of weekly video lectures, monthly live webinars, and one Saturday class per month.
- Students are recommended to commit at least 10 hours per week to ensure they receive the same experience as students attending other study modes.
- Exams are held in person in January and May each year with the full-time and part-time students.
- Take part in our Access programme if you cannot commit to the required time per week. Take as few modules as you need to fit your schedule. Achieve your degree over a flexible duration.
We run two intakes for this course commencing in Autumn and Spring.
*subject to sufficient numbers
What our students say
I’ve found the blended nature of the course gave me the best of both worlds. The flexibility of the online material allowed me to balance my studies with working and raising a family, while the small class size in on-campus tutorials fostered a real sense of familiarity with my fellow students and lecturers. This ensured I was always fully supported with my studies. I would recommend this course to anybody looking to further their education but hesitant to pursue a degree through the traditional route.