Develop the skills necessary to become an effective and dynamic human resource practitioner in any sector both in Ireland or internationally.
This three-year honours degree programme gives students the best of both perspectives, combining a well- developed understanding of the world of general business and people management in the first two years of their studies, whilst also providing a strong HRM focus in the final year of the degree.
Why Study Business (HRM) at Griffith College?
Our BA (Hons) in Business (HRM) via blended learning is available over a three-year period. Students studying for the award of BA (Hons) in Business (HRM) will find opportunities to apply the knowledge and skills that they have gained on the programme within a wide range of business sectors.
- Students will benefit from a broad business introduction in years 1 and 2 while specialising in year 3.
- Students will gain a national and international view of HRM across all fields of business, from developing a performance management system to negotiations within the workplace.
- Students will learn about the ever-changing business environment and how it is influenced by both national and international issues and challenges.
- Students will gain invaluable insights into the influence of cross-cultural issues and talent acquisition of an international workforce.
- Students will explore the evolving industry issues and ethical influences on employee relations.
- Students will be able to identify the role that Trade Unions and government policy play in human relations.
- Students will be taught how to formulate and implement a range of learning and talent development practices and strategies for an organisations workforce.
- Students will establish negotiation techniques, conflict resolution, and mediation in the employment relationship.
- Suit your work/life balance, study in your own time at your own pace.
- Dedicated e-learning tutor support and lecturer contact to ensure all your questions are answered.
- Broad introduction to business disciplines enabling well-rounded HRM professionals.
- Develop an understanding of talent acquisition in an international context.
- Flexibility to switch degree discipline to Business, Accounting or Marketing.
What can Blended Learning Students Expect?
Students can now fit their studies around a busy schedule with the blended delivery mode. We have brought the classroom to you.
- Blended learning consists of weekly video lectures, monthly live webinars and one Saturday class per month.
- Students are recommended to commit at least 10 hours per week to ensure they receive the same experience as students attending other study modes.
- Exams are held in person in January and May each year with the full-time and part-time students.
- Take part in our access programme if you cannot commit to the required time per week. Take as few modules as you need to fit your schedule. Achieve your degree over a flexible duration.
The next intake for this course will be:
*subject to sufficient numbers