Certificate in Building Regulations in Interior Design
Advance and enhance your knowledge, skills and competencies in Building Regulations relating to interior design
Delivered by the Design Faculty, this course has been created for people who come from an interior design background and who wish to advance and enhance their knowledge in Building Regulations by identifying relevant regulations and gain a broad understanding of their requirements.
This part-time 5 ECTS NFQ level 6 certificate comprises a single-module; Building Regulations in Interior Design, which is delivered across one semester.
- The programme gives learners a broad understanding of the requirements imbedded in the Building Regulations.
- It addresses the requirements of the Technical Guidance Documents with focus on Fire Safety and Accessible strategy for their design work, and enhance creativity by using the information within the Building Regulations as the building blocks to create dynamic, imaginative yet safe spaces.
- The module also introduces Health and Safety requirements Designer Risk Assessments when completing Interior Design projects.
- This course is aimed at learners who come from an interior design background and who wish to advance and enhance their knowledge, skills and competencies in Building Regulations, and receive formal certification of these.
- This programme is also suitable for those who want to complete it as part of their lifelong learning or who wish to progress in the workplace.
- The programme provides a pathway for applicants that do not have formal qualifications or training in design, and may be considering a career or academic study in this field.
Option to further your studies by progressing onto the BA in Interior Architecture & Design course
- Dublin - Part-Time - February 2024
Building Regulations in Interior Design
- Introducing the Building Regulations
- Understanding Building Regulations relevance in designing Interiors
- Designing with the Building Regulations
- Introduce Health and Safety Regulations and understand Designer Risk Assessments.
If you have any questions please get in touch with us at [email protected] or 01 415 0429.
This course is scheduled to commence in February 2024 at Griffith College Dublin's Main Campus.
This part-time programme runs one evening per week from 8.00pm-9.30pm (online) for 8 weeks and 3 Saturdays (2.00pm-5.00pm) On Campus over 16 Weeks.
Feb: 08, 22, 24
Mar: 07, 28
Apr: 11, 20, 25
May: 09, 11, 23
How to Apply
Minimum 5 O6s/H7s in the Irish Leaving Certificate (to include a minimum of grade O6/H7 in English or Irish and grade O6/H7/F2 in Mathematics), or equivalent qualification.
FECAC Level 5 Full Award
Applicants who are over the age of 23 may apply on the basis of previous work experience and a demonstration of commitment to further education.
Applicants from countries where English is not the first language will also be required to provide evidence of sufficient English Language abilities.
Please note that not all study modes may be offered at all times; for confirmation, refer to the Intake dates on the Overview tab.
Study Mode: Part-Time
Total Fee Dublin: € 891.00
An Academic Administration Fee of €250 is payable each September at the start of term. For students starting in the January/February term, €125 is payable in February, and then €250 will be payable each September from then onwards
(Inclusive of Tuition Fee EUR700.00, Academic Administration Fee EUR125.00, 2% Learner Protection Charge (EUR16.50 ) and EUR50.00 QQI Award fee)
Graduates from this course may develop their skills further by progressing onto the BA in Interior Architecture & Design course at Griffith College and will be considered for exemptions.