Certificate in Sustainability in Interior Design
Enhance your knowledge and skills in Sustainability in Interior Design.
Delivered by the Design Faculty, this exciting course has been created for those who come from an interior design background and who wish to advance and enhance their knowledge, skills and competencies in sustainability in interior design by formulating and implementing sustainable approaches when designing an interior environment.
This part-time 5 ECTS NFQ level 7 certificate comprises a single module: Sustainability in Interior, which is delivered over one single semester.
- The programme enables the learner to understand sustainability as a necessary element in designing Interiors and implement this concept in their project work, making informed choices concerning the most current sustainable strategies for interior design projects, and having a specialised knowledge of the same.
- Learners will formulate and implement a sustainable approach when designing an interior Environment.
- This course is aimed at learners who come from an interior design background and who wish to advance and enhance their knowledge, skills and competencies in sustainability in interior design, and receive formal certification of these.
- This programme is also suitable for those who want to complete it as part of their lifelong learning or who wish to progress in the workplace.
- The programme provides a pathway for applicants that do not have formal qualifications or training in art and design and may be considering a career or academic study in this field.
- Option to further your studies by progressing onto the BA in Interior Architecture & Design course
- Dublin - Part-Time - February 2024
Sustainability in Interior Design
- Current legislation
- Sustainable strategies
- Best practice
- Sources of energy - renewable vs. Non-renewable.
- Introduce sustainable design solutions to building fabric and interiors
- Formulating a design strategy for sustainability
- A sustainable process – Sustainable design, specification and construction.
- The value of a sustainable approach
- The Construction Process –sustainable sourcing and specification,
- Sustainable materials; recyclable resources.
Griffith College Professional Academy: [email protected]
This course is scheduled to commence on Saturday 10th of February 2024 at Griffith College Dublin's Main Campus.
This course is scheduled to run 1 Thursday evening per week Online (using Zoom) from 8pm to 9.30pm over 7 weeks and 4 Saturdays* from 2pm to 5pm
Feb: 10*, 15, 29
Mar: 09*, 14, 23*
Apr: 04, 18,
May: 02, 11*
Contact [email protected] for further information.
How to Apply
In addition, applicants for this certificate also need to submit evidence of their having proficient skills in 2D CAD or Revit. This is evaluated through the provision of a portfolio of work, to facilitate the applicant demonstrating their maturity and capacity to engage on this programme as a part-time, more independent learner.
Applicants from countries where English is not the first language will also be required to provide evidence of sufficient English language abilities.
How To Apply
Applicants for these embedded certificates must hold a Leaving Certificate with a minimum of five subjects at grade O6/H7. These results must include minimum grades of O6 in English or Irish and O6/F2 in Mathematics, or equivalent. Mature learners over 23 may also apply for consideration.
Applicants who are over the age of 23 may apply on the basis of previous work experience and a demonstration of commitment to further education. CV showing relevant experience in the field is required.
Please note that not all study modes may be offered at all times; for confirmation, refer to the Intake dates on the Overview tab.
Study Mode: Part-Time
Total Fee Dublin: €891.50
(Inclusive of Tuition Fee EUR700.00, Academic Administration Fee EUR125.00, 2% Learner Protection Charge (EUR16.50 ) and EUR50.00 QQI Award fee)
An Academic Administration Fee of €250 is payable each September at the start of term. For students starting in the January/February term, €125 is payable in February, and then €250 will be payable each September from then onwards.
Graduates from this course may develop their skills further by progressing onto the BA in Interior Architecture & Design course at Griffith College and will be considered for exemptions.