Learn the fundamentals of Motion Design from conceptualisation to design and creation.
The Level 8, 10 ECTS, programme is aimed at learners who are considering pursuing a career in motion design and multimedia. Motion design combines the fundamentals of both graphic design and animation – it is the art of applying graphic design principles to create relatively simple pieces of animation, for the web, TV, or film. This means working on both 2D and 3D animation, using software such as After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator and Premiere Pro. This might be a credit sequence for a TV show or movie, or it could a minimalist commercial or explainer video, such as advertisement.
Why Study Motion Design at Griffith College?
This programme will equip you with the skills to achieve creative motion design solutions, by formulating a problem-solving approach, and to successfully represent your vision. You will work through project briefs, and understand the various stages of design; including research, concept, design development, selection, and presentation skills. You will be drawing on skills and appropriate design research methods to develop original concepts, inspire creativity, and apply personal creative ideas to projects. During the programme, learners will:
- Learn the principles of motion design.
- Learn to make static images come alive in motion, animating graphics, illustrations, and typography.
- Gain an understanding of After Effects’ most important functions.
- Studio classes are delivered live, with hands-on projects, and supported by blended and online learning.
- Taught and led by experienced designers.
- Be part of a multi-award-winning faculty
- The faculty has an excellent reputation for teaching and learning, with a student-centered approach
- The design department has strong industry links and projects are industry-led.
- Full access to Student Adobe Creative Cloud - Giving you 20+ cutting-edge creative tools for desktop, mobile, and web
The next intake for this programme will be September 2022.*
*Subject to numbers