Master key media skills and develop a critical understanding of essential media and communications
This postgraduate programme delivers a comprehensive syllabus of media skills designed to equip you with the key practical competencies needed to work in a professional media environment today.
Why Study Journalism & Media Communications at Griffith College?
The Postgraduate Diploma in Journalism & Media Communications is conducted on both a full and part-time basis over a 1-2 year period and allows students to develop their own study path through the selection of elective modules. It is for people who wish to embark on a career in the fast-changing industry of contemporary journalism and media communications. Designed and delivered by journalism and communications professionals and full-time academics, the course immerses learners in a professional media production environment. The programme team cultivates among learners a commitment to the production of high quality and ethical journalism, as well as leadership and innovation skills. Graduates of the course may progress onto the Dissertation stage to obtain the full MA in Journalism & Media Communications.
- You will acquire the practical skills to conceive, produce, edit and publish their own media content.
- You will gain familiarity with multiple platforms: web, mobile, video, radio, print and photography.
- For the programme duration, participants are entitled to apply for a NUJ Press Card.
- You will gain a solid understanding of media theory, research methods and media law and ethics.
- You will significantly develop your writing, production and communication skills, exploring areas like reporting, feature writing and investigative journalism.
- You will be challenged in real journalistic situations in print, broadcast and online media in a media working environment through work with the college magazine, online publications and radio station.
- You will have the opportunity to create a professional portfolio of your writing, radio output as well as video and photography work to show future employers.
- NUJ Press Pass for the duration of your study
- State of the art studios and facilities
- Build your own professional portfolio
- Study full-time, part-time or through blended learning
- Work on real-life journalistic situations
- Connect with industry leaders
We run two intakes for this course commencing in Autumn and Spring.
*subject to sufficient numbers