The one year Level 7 Certificate in Legal Studies aims to equip students with a knowledge of the concepts and principles pertaining to the core areas of Irish Law.
The modules taught on the programme provide learners with a theoretical overview of the Irish legal system, including a thorough understanding of private and public law, as well as the opportunity to study two electives of the learner’s choosing.
Students attend class two evenings per week (Monday and Tuesday) from 6.00pm - 10.00pm each evening. Students can attend lectures either on campus, synchronously via livestream or asynchronously online via recorded lectures. Students must attend examinations on campus.
Why Study Legal Studies at Griffith College?
The Level 7 Certificate in Legal Studies aims to equip learners with foundational knowledge of the concepts and principles pertaining to the core areas of Irish Law. The programme is delivered over four, eight-week blocks.
The programme objectives include:
- To provide learners with a sound theoretical framework, knowledge and understanding of the law.
- To provide an understanding as to how the different sources of law interrelate.
- To support learners in the development of their research, intellectual and problem-solving skills.
- To develop learners’ abilities to lead, participate constructively in teamwork and take responsibility for their own development.
- To promote independent thinking and increased oral and written communication skills through self-directed learning.
The graduates of this programme will be awarded a Level 7 QQI-validated Certificate in Legal Studies.
- QQI-validated Level 7 Qualification (NFQ)
- Wide range of academic subjects
- The opportunity to study two electives of the learner’s choosing
- Wide range of assessment options e.g. continuous assessment
- Small class sizes
- All of our lecturers are experienced academics and legal practitioners with many years’ experience in the legal sector.
- Provides a strong foundation to study and work in a wide range of areas
- Extracurricular Law-related Activities
The next intake for this course will be:
*subject to sufficient numbers