How do I get in touch with the counsellor?
Counselling is provided in the strictest of confidence. This is free of charge for the first four consultations for learners, staff and lecturers of the Griffith College community.
The counselling team can be reached at 085 152 1511 (by calling, by text or WhatsApp) or by emailing [email protected].
This number and messages are accessed only by the external counselling service and are completely private and confidential. Please note that emails to [email protected] are automatically forwarded to the external counselling service and no member of Griffith College staff has access to this email.
The external counselling service is available for appointments 9am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 1pm on Saturdays. A 24-hour emergency phone service operates Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
Emergency services can be contacted by dialling 112/999.
Other supports available to for learners, residents, staff and lecturers
- The Samaritans offer 24/7 helpline support: Freephone 116 123
- Pieta House: 1800 247 247 (24-hour)
- Aware: 1800 80 48 48 (10am-10pm)
- LGBT Ireland Helpline: 1890 929 539
- My Options (for unplanned pregnancy): 1800 828 010
- Bodywhys: 1890 200 444
- Rape Crisis Centre: 1800 778 888
As always, please contact 112/999 in the case of an emergency.
Other Support Services available:
- Free 24hr phone number 116 123
- For more info check out http://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help-you
- Monday to Friday: 9am to 9pm
- Saturday: 9am to 3pm
- Sunday: 9am to 2pm
The nearest location is the Ballyfermot Office 01- 623 5606
My Mind Matters is an online mental health and wellbeing portal for students offering lots of advice and information.