We have an exciting opportunity to share with you. Some weeks ago, the idea of holding a TEDx event at Griffith came to life (You don't know what that is? Have a look here). Now we have received the license and are actively looking for new team members!
The goal of the event is to bring together bright minds to dive into a wide range of subjects, to foster learning, inspiration and wonder – and provoke conversations that matter. The theme of the event will be "Beyond (Your) Fear" and will shine a light on ideas that have sparked around this powerful emotion, and how it influences our daily lives.
Who we are looking for:
Put together and implement a beautiful and conclusive design for all content, including:
- Publications (printed and web)
- Stage design
Stage Production (in collaboration with the IT Department / Conference Center)
- Plan and realise video production (filming during the event)
- Produce engaging teaser videos
- Live cut and live stream the event
- Plan and operate lights and sound
- Develop and implement a volunteer plan for the event
- Recruit and introduce volunteers
In general, open communication and a close collaboration between all team members will be a shared responsibility as we want to work without a strong hierarchy.
Other areas we are working on include research for speakers, partners in social media or elsewhere, live-stream venues and sponsors. If you have experience or contacts in these areas OR if you have an awesome idea of how we could make the event even better, please let us know.
Marketing-wise, we are also looking for connectors who want to help us make this HUGE. Any contacts to media, blogging, social media, key influencers and promising partners are welcome and very much appreciated. If you know "just the guy", let us know.
What we are looking for:
- Are you passionate about learning, inspiring people and making a difference?
- Would you like to be part of a young team?
- Do you have strong communication and team-working skills?
- Do you have previous experience in your field?
- Are you good at solving problems and taking ownership of your tasks?
- Don't worry, this is a learning experience for all of us - so don't hesitate if you don't tick all the boxes.
What's in it for you?
You mean, besides all the learning, being part of an awesome team and producing inspiring content, essentially making the lives of people better? Well, you will become part of the worldwide TEDx network! So far...
- Over 13,000 events have happened around the world
- 3,174 cities around the world have hosted one or more TEDx events
- 173 countries have hosted one or more TEDx events
- TEDx talks have been viewed over 500 million times on YouTube
TEDx is a global movement. We would love to have you on board, too. So send us your application today! The deadline is December 23rd.
If you are interested, please send an email to [email protected] with the position you are interested in, why you would make a great team member and relevant previous experience. You can also link your LinkedIn profile if you have one.
We look forward to hearing from you!