The Certificate in Legal Practice allows learners to enhance their legal career through the study of 4 practical legal modules
The Certificate in Legal Practice (Level 7, QQI, Special Purpose Award) is a one year course which covers four practical modules and is offered on a part-time basis (one night per week) allowing students to attend lectures either on campus or online.
Students attend class one evening per week (Wednesday) from 6.00pm - 10.00pm. Students can attend lectures either on campus, synchronously via livestream or asynchronously online via recorded lectures. Students must attend workshops and examinations on campus.
Why Study Legal Practice at Griffith College?
The aim of the Certificate in Legal Practice course is to develop students' expertise in legal practice through the study of Professional and Academic Preparedness and Skills, Civil Litigation Conveyancing and Criminal Practice and Procedure. Students can attend lectures either on campus, synchronously via livestream or asynchronously online via recorded lectures. Students must attend workshops on campus.
- The Certificate in Legal Practice is a Level 7 Special Purpose Award validated by QQI.
- Students will gain experience in legal practices, to supplement existing legal knowledge, preparing them for a career in law.
- Learners will acquire highly transferable skills attractive to a wide range of businesses outside law.
- All of our lecturers have many years’ experience in the legal sector.
- All lectures and course materials are available anytime through our Moodle service.
- Small Class Sizes
- Full Online Access Available
- Experienced and Legal Practitioner Lecturers
- Extensive Library Facilities and Legal Research Databases
- The Certificate in Legal Practice year is broken into four blocks.
- The course takes place over one academic year, with classes one night per week, Wednesdays, from 6:00pm-10:00pm.
- All lectures are livestreamed, recorded and posted online for students unable to attend class.
- Students must attend workshops on campus.
Modules on the Certificate in Legal Practice are practical in nature and supplement learners' existing legal knowledge while preparing them for a career in the legal sector.
- Professional and Academic Preparedness and Skills
- Civil Litigation
- Criminal Practice and Procedure
This course will next commence October 2021.
This course will next commence September 2021.
What our students say
Having a young family and returning to education, I was delighted with the supportive environment, positive attitude and encouragement from the faculty. The small class sizes are such a benefit to the learning experience. The course created new opportunities for my future career in law and expanded my viewpoint in so many areas. I’m glad I chose Griffith College & I'm grateful to have made some great friends along the way.