Join our Level 9 Certificate to improve your skills in designing, teaching, assessing and evaluating educational programmes in line with best practice.
Learners on the Certificate complete two modules from the MA in Education, Learning & Development. This programme has been designed to meet the needs of educators and practitioners who support adult learners. Graduates will gain a specialist qualification which will enable them to support and inform their role and in turn, become a more confident and engaging lecturer or practitioner. Key concepts such as learning theories, inclusive strategies for learning and critical use of technologies are all introduced.
Why Study Education, Learning and Development at Griffith College?
This programme has been designed to meet the needs of practitioners and educators who support adults’ learners in a variety of contexts. This may include Learning and Development specialists, role holders in Human Resources department, instructional designers, self-employed trainers or lecturers in higher education. Here are some of the benefits of studying with Griffith College:
- Master the various technique to motivate and engage your learners, participants or clients, in line with best practice.
- Build on your existing skills and develop your expertise in designing, implementing and evaluating effective learning programmes, including accredited and non-accredited programmes.
- Increase your opportunities for career advancement and promotion as a result of having gained the skills above, and having a specialist Level 9 qualification
- Experienced programme team includes practitioners from a wide range of education, learning and development roles who bring their expertise to the classroom and offer insights of a practical and applied nature.
- Flexible, part-time blended schedule
- Delivered over one semester, with approximately three classes on campus per month (usually Fridays and Saturdays)
- Practical and applied learning approach
- Programme team of practitioners from a wide range of education, learning and development roles.
- Networking opportunities with fellow practitioners in education, learning and development
We run two intakes for this course commencing in Spring and Autumn.
- February 2022*
- September 2022* (Dublin and Cork only)
* Subject to sufficient numbers
What our students say
This programme led me to rethink everything I do as a teacher / educator from the writing of learning outcomes through to module design and assessment strategy. If these have already been written, then I now have the ability to critically analyse them. Apart from this, I now find myself considering what I am doing as a teacher throughout each individual class itself. Without doubt, and most importantly, my students will benefit from my application of the learnings that I have taken from this module. I strongly recommended and endorse this programme.
I highly recommend this programme to anyone already in or aspiring to teach in third level. It is informative, holistic and comprehensive. It has transformed my in-class pedagogy and evaluation as much as it has my personal and professional life.