Connecting to Eduroam
eduroam Service in Griffith College
Griffith College is a fully enabled eduroam participant offering:
- Identify Provider: Offers authentication service for roaming Griffith College registered users wishing to use eduroam in other eduroam enabled institutions.
- Service Provider: Offers visitors to Griffith College from other eduroam enabled institutions Internet access through Griffith College wireless network.
- eduroam is available in all wifi enabled areas of Griffith College campus.
Note: This service is only available via a wireless network connection.
This service is available on all campuses.
Where is eduroam available and how is it accessed?
- This Service is provided solely for use by approved eduroam users of Griffith College. Approved eduroam users are defined as those who have valid login credentials issued by their home eduroam enabled institution and are members of that institution.
- Unauthorized use of this service is strictly prohibited. Individuals who do not have valid eduroam credentials for this system should discontinue all attempts to use the service.
- Users will be held accountable for all activities carried out using the eduroam service under their login credentials. Users must not allow their login credentials to be used by any other individual or group.
- Access to the Service is completely at the discretion of Griffith College, and your access to the Service may be blocked, suspended, or terminated at any time. Griffith College shall not be liable for any damages, losses, cost or expenses caused by or arising out of termination of the Service.
How to connect to the Eduroam WiFi network automatically
For convenience a tool is available to configure your connection for you at https://cat.eduroam.org/. Simply click 'Download your Eduroam Installer' then choose Griffith College from the list presented. Select whether you are a student or staff member and click 'Download your Eduroam installer'.
iOS users can use the link above. For Android users the Eduroam CAT tool is available from the Play Store.
How to connect to the Eduroam WiFi network manually
*Please be aware that different may devices have slightly different settings.
Connect to the WiFi network called Eduroam. When asked for your username and password use the following details:
Username and Password:
- If you are a student enter your e-mail address as [email protected]
- Your username is your universal login for Moodle, Griffith College PC, Webmail and other SSO enabled services. See https://griffith.ie/sso
- Staff and lecturers use your e-mail address as: [email protected]
- Your password is the same as the password you use to login to a Griffith College PC, Moodle, Webmail and other SSO enabled services.
You should now be connected and have internet access. If you require additional settings please see further information below.
Detailed Eduroam Settings
Wireless network details
EAP method = PEAP
Phase-2 authentication = MSCHAPV2
The following are the details that you may need in order to verify compatibility of your wireless device, and to configure your wireless client to avail of the eduroam service at Griffith College.
- Wireless network name (SSID): eduroam
- Broadcasted: Yes
- Encryption levels supported:
- AES (some wireless clients list this as an option under "WPA2" or "WPA2 Enterprise")
In addition to knowing your credentials, you may also need to explicitly configure your wireless client to allow your credentials to be conveyed securely to your home site. If any such configuration is needed, the relevant details are provided by your home site
In summary, once successfully authenticated your wireless device will have Internet access via IPv4.
Network access details at Griffith College
The following are the details of the network access provided from Griffith College via eduroam:
- Transparent proxying of your traffic : Yes
- Retention period: 180 days
- Network Address Translation (NAT) of wireless device address : Yes
- IPv6 support : No
- Allowed Ports/Protocols
- The following protocols are allowed. Should you require an exception to be added, please contact a member of the Help Desk.
- HTTP : TCP/80
- HTTPS : TCP/443
- IMAP2+4 : TCP/143
- IMAPS : TCP/993
- POP : TCP/110
- POP3S: TCP/995
- SSH: TCP/22
- Passive (S)FTP: TCP/21
- SMTPS: TCP/465
- SMTP Submit with STARTTLS: TCP/587
- RDP : TCP/3389