eduroam Service in Griffith College
Griffith College is a fully enabled eduroam participant offering:
- Identify Provider: Offers authentication service for roaming Griffith College registered users wishing to use eduroam in other eduroam enabled institutions.
- Service Provider: Offers visitors to Griffith College from other eduroam enabled institutions Internet access through Griffith College wireless network.
- eduroam is available in all wifi enabled areas of Griffith College campus.
Note: This service is only available via a wireless network connection.
This service is available on all campuses.
Troubleshooting Tips for users
- Please configure and test eduroam access on campus in Griffith College before travelling to a remote location.
- If eduroam does not work on-campus it will not work off-campus.
- Check the eduroam information pages for the location to which you are travelling.
- Each eduroam location publishes information locally. Ensure that the location follows the eduroam access standards.
Where can I get help
Should you encounter problems with the eduroam wireless network at Griffith College, you may contact a member of the Help Desk.
Opening hours and contact details:
Monday to Friday 08.30 - 19:00.
Saturday during academic term 09:00 - 17:00
Phone: +353 1 4150499
Email: [email protected]
Note: that authentication problems should typically be addressed to the support staff at your home site, as the security mechanisms within eduroam mean that much of the detail of the authentication step is not visible to the support staff at visited sites.
Conditions of Use
Use of the Service:
- Users of the service agree to not use the Service for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by this Agreement, including but not limited to:
- Use of the Service in a manner which will interfere materially with the continued operation of the Service;
- Use of the Service in any manner that infringes another's copyrights, patents, trademarks, or intellectual property rights;
- Use of the Service to engage in libel, defamation, harassment, intentional misrepresentation or fraud, or publication of private information;
- Introducing viruses, trojan horses, worms, or any other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information;
- Using the Service to gain illegal or unauthorized access to other computers or networks;
- Attempting to intercept, collect or store data about third parties without their knowledge or consent;
- Sending unsolicited messages, "spam", or "junk mail";
- Extension of the service to provide service by proxy or other means to other computers/users.
- Griffith College reserves the right to monitor the use of the Service to ensure compliance with this Agreement or applicable law. Griffith College reserves the right to monitor transmissions and to collect and use personally identifiable information to assist in provisioning of service and to monitor network health and performance and otherwise solve problems associated with the Service.
Privacy and Security
Security of the Service user’s computers or other networked device is the responsibility of the user. Griffith College recommends the installation of anti-virus software or personal firewall technology to protect the device from unauthorized access or damage.