Want a degree that inspires you and gives you limitless career options? The BA (Hons) in Business is the perfect foundation for budding entrepreneurs and dynamic business leaders.
This business degree will enable learners to fully appreciate the vital business roles played by finance, digital technology, sales, consumer behaviour, entrepreneurship, marketing, human resource management, and information technology. This broad introduction to many business functions can lead to a diverse range of career opportunities.
Why Study Business at Griffith College?
This three year BA (Hons) in Business programme is available through three modes: full-time, part-time and a blended learning approach. The content and assessment is identical for all three modes of programme delivery. The purpose of the BA (Hons) in Business programme is to give students the business skills that are in demand by companies, large and small.
- Students will learn about the ever-changing business environment and how it is influenced by political, legal, economic, social and technological factors on both a national and international scale.
- Students will learn to recognise the key characteristics governing a particular company and then identify the factors that are critical to its success in preparation for the business world.
- Students will learn the importance of digital technology in the modern business environment and apply their knowledge to business problems with real-life clients.
- Students will create a real-world business plan in their final year and pitch in a dragons den style environment.
- Students will be encouraged to participate in dynamic and creative areas like entrepreneurship and digital communication and customer engagement.
- Students have the flexibility to switch to the BA (Hons) in Accounting and Finance after Year One or the BA (Hons) in Business (HRM) or BA (Hons) in Business (Marketing) after Year Two.
- Students will receive lecturing from vastly experienced professionals from a wide range of industries.
- Students will experience group work within a diverse student body increasing their awareness and capability of multinational employers.
We run two intakes for this course commencing in Spring and Autumn.
*subject to sufficient numbers
Interested in life outside the classroom?
Check out the latest news, events, and trips from our Students Union Team!
Are you applying through the CAO?
Read our CAO Guide for everything you need to know about applying through the CAO!
- Dublin: GC400
- Cork: GC200
- Limerick: GC300
What our students say
The programme was very practical with a focus on transferable skills and employability throughout. We completed real-life case studies and assignments which aided our understanding of various concepts. The classes were really interactive with breakout rooms and discussions to allow students interact. The level of staff support was incredible, they made it clear that they were here to help us and made additional supports such as free online counselling and mental health webinars available.
The degree helped me transition my career from a self-employed personal trainer to a career in logistics. It gave me the skills needed to deal with decision-making, time-management and working in a fast-paced environment. The staff at Griffith were so supportive through the pandemic and maintained great communication with students. As I was working full-time, the ability to watch lectures from home really helped me balance work and study.